Ovingdean is a small formerly agricultural village which was absorbed into the borough of Brighton, East Sussex, UK, in 1928, and now forms part of the city of Brighton and Hove.
The historic village is a conservation area. Its focus is the eleventh-century St Wulfran’s Church. Many homes in the conservation area are converted farm buildings, and the most prominent houses are Ovingdean Grange and Ovingdean Hall.
The area has expanded through the growth of residential streets on its Eastern and Southern sides, and now has a population of about 1200. Rottingdean to the South-East and Woodingdean to the North-East, but still has open land on its other sides, on which may be found a golf course and Brighton Racecourse as well as some residual farmland.
Approximately five miles East along the coast road from Brighton City Centre. Access to Ovingdean is also available from Rottingdean and Woodingdean via the Falmer Road.
John Hoole Estate Agents cannot be held responsible for the information contained herin, and it should not be relied upon, as it has been acquired from a variety of different sources. It is purely intended to be a guide with the very best intentions.